Well Season 3 of The Flash has officially ended and what a finale it was!
What I Liked:
– How the episode picked right up from where the previous episode ended.
– Finding out the fate of Iris
– The twist of H.R. using his transmographer device to switch places with Iris
– Seeing the flashback to explain how and when Iris and H.R. switched places
– Barry trying to reach the good person in Savitar and their short moment of bonding
– Savitar once again proving that he is completely evil when he tricks Team Flash into thinking he will join them (although I think Barry knew he couldn’t turn him good)
– Cisco’s insult about Savitar’s “thin crust pizza” he calls a face, that was funny!
– Savitar’s backup plan to splice himself and spread himself throughout all of time. This villain came prepared!
– Savitar threatening to kill Caitlin if Cisco didn’t agree to modify the speedforce bazooka
– The return of The Black Flash and Caitlin freezing and presumably killing him and saying “Later Hunter.” I am pretty sure he will b3 replaced because he is the Grim Reaper for Speedsters.
– Julian creating a cure for Caitlin’s metahuman ice powers.
– Cisco using the bazooka to free Jay from the speedforce!
– Gypsy saving Cisco and using a breach to escape Savitar’s lair!
– Jay, Wally, and Barry vs. Savitar!
– Barry phasing TRB (Time Remnant Barry) out of his Savitar armor and taking it over and how he made the suit red and looked far more sinister than Future Barry did in it.
– Barry beating the crap out of Savitar and destroying the armor!
– Iris shooting and killing Time Remnant Barry who was about to sneak up behind Barry and kill him.
– Barry revealing H.R.’s final words to Cisco were “Tell Cisco this took strength and he gave it to me.” That part really hit me in the feels!
– Cisco and Gypsy vs. Savitar
– Caitlin saving Cisco from Savitar
– H.R.’s funeral and the quote on his gravestone
“The two important moments in our life are the day we are born and the reason we find out why.”
– Mark Twain
– Caitlin trying to figure out who she is and taking time away from the team
– The speedforce needing a prisoner or speedster to keep it stabilized
– Barry realizing he needs to enter the speedforce as penance for Flashpoint and Savitar
– The Speedforce in the form of Barry’s mother mentioning how this is Barry’s “finish line,” which is a euphemism for death.
– How this could possibly tie in or explain the 2024 newspaper headline:
“Flash Vanishes, Missing in Crisis!”
– How this references the comics event when Barry “dies” and Wally becomes “The Flash”
What I disliked:
– H.R. dying, I loved his character.
– Will they fast forward and Barry will return years later?
– Could Barry get his 2024 Flash costume when he returns from the speedforce?
Overall I enjoyed “Finish Line” and it will be a long agonizing wait until The Flash returns next Fall!