Well I just had a chance to see the newest film in the MCU and the second Spider-Man film with Tom Holland. There is a lot to talk about and boy things are going to get very interesting going forward….
*MAJOR SPOILER WARNING*
Spider-Man Far From Home is the 23rd Marvel film in the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) and the second Tom Holland led Spider-Man film. The film focuses on Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Tom Holland) and his struggle with having a normal life (post Endgame) versus being a super-hero and filling the super hero void left by Tony Stark’s (heroic) death in Avenger’s Endgame.
Peter wants to just be a normal teenager and go after his crush and take a break from being Spider-Man. While this is understandble, it’s clear he has a responsibility to be the hero everyone knows he is capable of being when the world needs him.
What I liked:
-Seeing Peter Parker wanting to take a break from being a Super Hero. I mean he was dead for 5 years after trying to stop Thanos. The kid deserves a break
-Finding out Quentin Beck was an employee of Tony Stark’s ( who was fired) and that he invented the BARF technology (which was shown in Captain America: Civil War.
-How well Mysterio was done in this film. It reminded me of Spider-Man: The Animated Series, it was so cool!
-The crazy fever dream illusion sequence, it was amazing and had my jaw on the floor. This is Mysterio to a T.
-Tom Holland’s performance. He really was amazing in this film and is becoming my favorite live action Spider-Man
– The illusion tech Mysterio and his team used to create the Elementals
– The whole multiverse being a lie. It leaves the door open for Marvel to use it in the future.
-Quentin Beck seizing the opportunity to fill the void left by Tony Stark being dead.
– How Betty and Ned become boyfriend and girlfriend during an 8 hour flight. That was hilarious!
– Tony giving Peter the EDITH (Even Dead I’m The Hero) glasses. It was a nice touch.
– The scene where Happy is watching Peter make his new Spider suit on the jet and stops for a second because he is reminded of Tony Stark.
– Peter almost killing Brad with a drone strike initiated by EDITH. The whole scene is incredibly funny.
– Peter and MJ’s chemistry and seeing how adorable and awkward they were around each other.
– The mid-credits scene where Quentin (Mysterio) revealed his contingency plan was to reveal Spider-Man’s identity to the world. This honestly creates so many amazing an intriguing possibilities for future Spider-Man and MCU films!
– The suprise cameo of J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson on the news!
– The opening of the film with Mysterio fighting one of the elementals in Mexico!
-Spider-Man’s new red and black suit! I love the color scheme!
– Peter and Happy’s dynamic. Happy went from being annoyed by Peter to being there for him like a surrogate father/uncle.
-Peter being faced with a new and different challenge fighting Quentin Beck/Mysterio
What I disliked:
– The movie taking place in Europe. It didn’t need to be outside of New York. The action scenes did make for some amazing set pieces in Italy and Prague though.
-The post credits scene. The revelation that Nick Fury and Maria Hill were Skrulls. It felt kind of stupid to me.
Overall I really enjoyed Spider-Man Far From Home and cannot wait to see what comes next!
My final rating is an 9/10!
What say you? Did you see Spider-Man Far From Home? If so what did you think? Whatever your thoughts let me know!